Director of Product Development
Come join the Portacool, LLC, team! Portacool is the global market leader in evaporative cooling solutions. The new decade will mark our 30th year in the industry and we are looking for energetic and outgoing trailblazers to help advance our aggressive strategic plans.
If you are looking for a job that will allow you to grow and flourish, this is the position for you. This position will plan and recommend relevant business development and marketing strategies to achieve maximum customer and market penetration and to drive tactical and strategic growth. This position is located in Center Texas.
Required Experience And Skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead by influence
- Demonstrate the ability to envision and bring to life the Portacool brand mission, vision and strategy while being an example of our culture
- Show deep commitment to and empathy for the consumer. Foster consumer commitment and act as their advocate.
- World-class communication skills to articulate and evangelize your product’s future
- Analytical and quantitative skills to back up assumptions and develop cogent business cases
- Ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, our media technology, and the competitive landscape.
- Have a high level of creativity and innovation to position and create ideas for future products
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage priorities, including multiple products.
- Proven ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines while remaining composed and bringing a positive energy to the team.
- Ability to clearly communicate across levels of the organization and departments in writing, orally and interpersonally.
- Decisive, and able to eloquently defend your decisions with facts.
- Develops multi-year, multi-generational new product strategies, roadmaps and plans for assigned product categories
- Proactively manages portfolio of products to include pricing strategies, annual SKU rationalization process and margin enhancement efforts to achieve growth targets for both new and legacy products
- Conduct market surveys of the competitive arena to create a matrix of information surrounding cost, quality, technology and manufacturing techniques. (essential for understanding how to get to the products of the future)
- Manages new product development projects from ideation through commercialization
- Prepares financial analysis for product portfolio evaluation and decision making
- Provides Sales Organization with appropriate product knowledge training, support and tools to successfully grow share
- Collaborates with Marketing Team on content and packaging development
- Conducts market/user-based research to understand need-based opportunities to drive pipeline of new product ideas
- Participates in key account presentations and line reviews
- Attends trade shows and industry events to keep current of industry and market trends
- Analyzes and interprets competitive activities and reports to Senior Management as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required. Business and or Marketing degrees in addition are valuable.
- A minimum of 10 years’ Product Management experience in the consumer products space; preferably tools or equipment
Other than working with a great team of smart and energetic people, we also offer a very competitive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision. We care about our people as they are the key to our success. We provide an open and friendly work environment where we empower people and provide opportunities to develop long-term careers.
Portacool, LLC leads the evaporative cooling industry with 30 years of technological and manufacturing expertise found in its Kuul evaporative media and Portacool portable evaporative coolers. Based in East Texas, Portacool offers cooling solutions through distributors and retailers nationally and internationally in more than 56 countries. The Kuul brand of evaporative media is used globally in data centers, power generation and live production environments to guard against the damaging effects of heat. Portacool-branded portable evaporative coolers are available in a variety of sizes to provide practical cooling solutions for commercial and residential environments to aid heat safety and productivity. Learn more about these brands and where to purchase at www.thekuuleffect.com or www.portacool.com.
Send your resume to Laurie King at firstname.lastname@example.org.